Monday 11 February 2013

Some cool stuff today ( or is that just the weather?)

Just so as you know, we like to start 'em young. Hope came along and stitched some Paper Pieced hexagons together


Such concentration!

Whilst Granny was indulging in some hand quilting. This has been waiting for some time, but will be finished for our Exhibition in September.

A lovely sampler - will be worth the wait
 Annette had brought in a beautiful ring cushion featuring some of her handmade lace
even a little pocket for the ring

 And look at the lovely handmade box for it!
so pretty

 Ellen is in production of some super pencil cases - I think these are for a sales table

Very "British!"






 These will make a lovely gift
such a simple idea















And she is also sewing another lovely smocked coat hanger  - I will show more of this as it progresses.
serious stitching here


And some lucky little person will be getting a new woolie  - certainly need it this weather.
love the rolled border
We had a tiny chatelaine claiming ownership of some pretty scissors

snip snip
And Carol is sewing down the binding on her Patchwork & Quilting magazine "Block of the Month Quilt".  This was done "quilt as you go". Hope she brings it in next week for her Ta Dah! moment.


Must be the March block


And another Carol  is making something secret - so just a peek - looks a bit WOW to me!

Striking piece of fabric

 Now, if you have got this far - it shows that someone is reading all the waffle. Pop a comment in just so we know what you think of us all.

If you are a blogger - please pop a link in so we can see what you are up to too.  


8 comments:

  1. Really miss seeing you all on Mondays, so it is nice to catch up with you on the blog, and good to see the lovely work. I am managing to keep myself occupied, I have finished a stumpwork picture, I am really pleased with it. Also finished a front panel of a cushion in Sashiko, my sister did one and I the other, for her. Will probably be knitting some hot cross buns for another sister who wants them for her granddaughters school. 4 more weeks min not putting my foot on the floor, it is hard work, but hey hum!!!! It will soon whizz by, and spring will be here..
    regards June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi June, lovely to hear from you.Hope everything is going ok and you will be back with us before you realise.xx

      Delete
    2. Hey June!! Its so nice to hear from you, and nice to know that someone appreciates our little blog. Stay snuggled up, and email some pics of what you have been working on and I will add them here. Take care. Lesley x

      Delete
  2. well, surprised to see so many there today. It was pretty cold outside, although I was as "snug as a bug" under my quilt!!! cant promise it will be finished for September though I will try!!! so much beautiful work on view ! and I am so glad Annette put a pocket on that fantastic ring cushion (talking from experience)lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should take the comments as a challenge to finish by Sept!!

      Delete
  3. We missed you June but pleased to hear you are not sitting doing nothing ring me if you run short of jobs I am sure I could find you a few. Also missing was Barbara, Ena . Pam and Shirley. The wedding cushion was wonderful and such talent, .Cock up corner was quite and down in numbers. But we had a great afternoon with a lot of work done. Will be busy at the all day I always enjoy the all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like there was lots going on even though it was cold outside. Don't forget the postponed AGM is on Monday. Carol P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be a busy day on Linus day on Monday but we will squeeze a meeting in too. Don't forget ladies, we need a Monday key-holder and a new treasurer too!!

      Delete