Monday 21 November 2011

November 21. Our 'all day' week

The misty morning did not stop us die hard's making our way to group.  Today is our all day session at group, so potatoes are in the oven, massive tea urn is on and ready to boil, tables set, and we are ready to roll and make some Christmas Cards.

I thought Shirley was going to be 'teacher' today, but I was wrong..... Kay is going to show all how to make these little gems.  Shirley did help by getting the 'cut out' cards, so thanks Shirley.

Everyone is ready to go...

Not everyone was making cards, but Kay seems to be organising (or just observing) other Christmas goodies with this group.

Do you know Pauline kept that scarf on all day ......I think she wasn't working hard enough

These are just a few of the cards, made by the ladies today, big THANK YOU  to Kay.  Lovely arn't they?

This is something else that was being worked on while most of the ladies were making cards....I must say a lot of huffing and chuffing as well as a lot of laughter went on in this corner through the morning..... thank goodness for the 'quick unpick'.  I think its looking good though, don't you?  I'd like to tell you more about it, but if I did I would have to kill you.....you will learn more in the coming weeks.

6 comments:

  1. Had a really good day. Think that the concentration had gone at one point but rallied round after a nice cup of tea. That pattern looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a great day making cards will not be taking orders or selling them at this stage. Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. cards look lovely ladies, who are they for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you can see ,Ena was on form with the usual "dry" witticisms

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I missed it but I could feel the sarcasm and smell the potatoes cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a wonderful day making cards - they are great & I hope the lucky recipients love them! Well done ladies! (p.s I'm Kay's daughter!)

    ReplyDelete